To activate a Sprint phone, you only need to follow 4 simple steps:
- Go to the Sprint website, by entering its address (sprint.com) into your browser.
- Once you are at the Sprint website, you will see a main menu at the top, with items like ‘Shop Devices’, ‘Shop Plans’, ‘Support’, ‘My Sprint’ and ‘Activate’. From that menu, click on the ‘Activate’ link.
- On the screen you are taken to, click on the appropriate yellow-colored button, depending on the type of Sprint activation you are undertaking. The options are ‘Finish Activation’ (if you had started it earlier), ‘Activate Now’ (if you recently upgraded your device) and ‘Get Started’ (which applies if you are embarking on the process of bringing your own device to the Sprint network).
- Depending on the activation button you click on, you will be taken to a screen where you will be prompted to enter more details, to complete the Sprint activation process. Like if you click on the ‘Get Started’ button, you will be taken to a screen where you will be required to enter your IMEI or MEID code, to initiate the activation. If it emerges that your phone (based on the IMEI/MEID you entered) is compatible with the Sprint network, you will then be taken to screens where you will get to pick your sprint SIM card and select a plan. Then you will need to enter the order confirmation number and zip code to proceed with — and ultimately complete — the Sprint activation.
How do I activate a new sprint phone?
To activate a new sprint phone, follow these 4 simple steps:
- Go to the Sprint website, by keying its address (sprint.com) into your browser.
- Once you are at the Sprint website, click on the ‘Sign In’ link, which is to be found near the top right hand corner, adjacent to the cart icon. Then sign in by entering your Sprint username and password. If you don’t have a ‘My Sprint’ account, sign up for one first. Then sign in.
- Once you are Signed into My Sprint, click on ‘My Account’, then scroll to the ‘About My Devices’ section, and finally select the phone you’d want to swap out. Having done that, click on ‘Activate a New Phone’ and enter the required to details, to complete the activation.
How do I activate a Sprint phone manually?
- Go to the activation page on the Sprint website: by keying in its address (sprint.com/activate).
- Once you are at the sprint activation page, click on the yellow-colored ‘Sign in to activate’ button – which is to be found towards the bottom end of the page.
- On the screen you are taken to, enter your username and password into the respective spaces, to log in. Or if you don’t have a My Sprint account, sign up for one first. Then enter the username and password you will have created, to sign in.
- After signing into My Sprint, enter the other required details, including your new phone’s IMEI/MEID number, to complete the activation.
If you are running into troubles during the phone activation session, you can contact Sprint customers service.